Competition and Prizes
Hack for Gävle requires all participants to be present at the venue to enable a creative environment and networking. Teams may have individual members participating remotely. This needs to be communicated to the organizer beforehand.
All contest entries must be in english and will be “pitched” by the respective teams to our jury (5 min). Contributions must also be submitted on our slack channel and e-mailed to email@example.com at the latest on 16th Feb by 09:30 and must contain:
- Team name and members
- Team number
- Selected challenge
- Description of which SDG that is selected and why
- Brief description of the solution and what benefit it can generate
- Description of open data and/or technology that is intended to be used
- The presentation to be showed to the jury during the pitch
We will use slack and set up a general group for all participants/stakeholders. In addition, we will create channels for categories like Jury, Coaches, F&Q etc. We would like to see each team create a subgroup.
Time: Maximum time 5 min/team
Equipment: Own computer/laptop
- Describe the problem/case.
- Who are the target audience/end users?
- Why should they use the solution?
- How does the solution work and what benefit does it create?
- Describe the possible further development of the solution.
- What could a first business model look like? (How could you commercialize the solution?
Ideas, prototypes, mock-ups or other material created during the event and included in the competition are owned by the creators themselves. We encourage sharing of code, thoughts and ideas. Future Position X reserves the right to post and describe the contest entries and publish them in the social media associated with Hack for Gävle as well as all participating websites and other communication and marketing channels.